Topics

sticky Zello App Channel

Edited

Hello everyone, just a note that I've added a Zello channel for the group that might come in handy as a back channel while trying to connect  over the air.

Got the idea after seeing it used during AmRRONs T-REX exercise.

The channel is at https://zello.com/offgridcomms

Password = griddown

Mr Bud KN4OUW

griddown doesn’t work

Henry Faint

On Jul 30, 2019, at 4:43 PM, Jim, K7JLJ <@K7JLJ> wrote:

griddown

Mr Bud KN4OUW

Nope

Henry Faint

On Jul 30, 2019, at 8:26 PM, Mr Bud KN4OUW via Groups.Io <hfaint=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

griddown

Richard Seeley

I was able to log in and connect with it. Maybe because I already have Zello on the phone and use it?

On Jul 30, 2019, at 8:29 PM, Mr Bud KN4OUW <@HdfIII> wrote:

Nope

Henry Faint
On Jul 30, 2019, at 8:26 PM, Mr Bud KN4OUW via Groups.Io <hfaint=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

griddown

<image1.png>

Mr Bud KN4OUW

Richard I too have Zello on my phone and use it doesn’t make sense

Henry Faint

On Jul 30, 2019, at 8:54 PM, Richard Seeley <rks1257@...> wrote:

I was able to log in and connect with it. Maybe because I already have Zello on the phone and use it?
On Jul 30, 2019, at 8:29 PM, Mr Bud KN4OUW <@HdfIII> wrote:

Nope

Henry Faint
On Jul 30, 2019, at 8:26 PM, Mr Bud KN4OUW via Groups.Io <hfaint=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

griddown

<image1.png>

whiskeybravo16@...

I have Zello on my phone as well but the PW does not work for me either.

WB-16

Hi Henry,

You might try again today if you have not already.  I created the group under my AmRRON zello name then thought twice about it and deleted then recreated under K7JLJ.

I just created a new account on zello and it would not let me join either.  I went back in as admin and RESET the password to griddown and then was able to join with my test account.

SHOULD WORK NOW, SORRY FOR THE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. :)

whiskeybravo16@...

Password now works for me ....Thanks

Mr Bud KN4OUW

Yup thank you works now

Henry Faint

On Jul 31, 2019, at 11:32 AM, whiskeybravo16 via Groups.Io <whiskeybravo16@...> wrote:

Password now works for me ....Thanks

randall krippner

ah, there, got that set up now!

Mr Bud KN4OUW

But if you have no service IE: blowdown with no internet zello does not work

Henry Faint

On Sep 2, 2019, at 07:35, randall krippner <randallkrippner@...> wrote:

ah, there, got that set up now!

Lt. (AK) Michael Heit

Just contacted my brother hunkered down in Pt. Saint Lucie, FL via zello, so far so good .. very clear voip set up.

Lt. Michael Heit [AK]
Retired
Alaska State Defense Force

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 10:02 AM, Mr Bud KN4OUW
<hfaint@...> wrote:
But if you have no service IE: blowdown with no internet zello does not work

Henry Faint

On Sep 2, 2019, at 07:35, randall krippner <randallkrippner@...> wrote:

ah, there, got that set up now!

Z-Net is not what I consider an option during SHTF, but using it like you would a 2m HT while working SOTA is where I think it shines.

Although Michael makes the point that like text it seems to work as long as it's not TEOTWAWKI. :)

- Jim Linch