Topics

What can I do with my old router?

Greek Man

It so happened that our phone cmpany replaced the VOIR router and I am left with the old one to throw away or use it for something HAM.
But can such a router be used after all?

relevant links
https://openwrt.org/toh/arcadyan/arv4518pw2
https://setuprouter.com/router/adb/p-rg-ea4201n/login.htm

randall krippner

Uh, maybe you can use it for something? This is outside my area of knowledge. I do know that some types of WiFi routers can be used on ham radio frequencies and some people have re-flashed their ROMs to program them for use on amateur frequencies and purposes, using them to set up private mesh networks. It's going to depend on the model, the frequency it uses, etc. Some can't be reprogrammed, some can't operate on amateur frequencies, etc.