Topics

The Future of Grid-Down EMCOMMS

JS8CALL What do you think?

The ability to store messages on you own box for someone to pickup at their own convenience?  Does it get better than that?  And the software is the ONLY digital software I ever used that worked straight out of the box!

I so badly want to get a regional net using JS8Call going!

randall krippner

JS8Call looks like a great mode of communication. I haven't had time to really play with it much, but the few times I have it worked well. I haven't tried anything but the basics with it and really should.

Maybe we should set up a schedule when two or more of us can be on the air at the same time and frequency and see what we can come up with?

Most definitely.  I'll be on as much as I can this friday and through the T-REX.  Will be switching between the standard freqs and the AmRRON ones.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019, 04:44 randall krippner <randallkrippner@...> wrote:
JS8Call looks like a great mode of communication. I haven't had time to really play with it much, but the few times I have it worked well. I haven't tried anything but the basics with it and really should.

Maybe we should set up a schedule when two or more of us can be on the air at the same time and frequency and see what we can come up with?

Lt. (AK) Michael Heit

I agree , still trying to get my KX3 up and running with JS8 Call ... but I like the idea.

Mike AD7VV

Michael Heit
Electronics Engineer
Everts Air Cargo
Flight Simulator Division
5525 Airport Industrial Road Building 300
Fairbanks, Alaska 99705
907-371-0195

On Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 03:44:22 AM AKDT, randall krippner <randallkrippner@...> wrote:

JS8Call looks like a great mode of communication. I haven't had time to really play with it much, but the few times I have it worked well. I haven't tried anything but the basics with it and really should.

Maybe we should set up a schedule when two or more of us can be on the air at the same time and frequency and see what we can come up with?

Trying to get a JS8Call net going among members here would be very cool.  For those who are OPSEC worried, posting calls here would be an issue I imagine.

Does anyone have a solution to OPSEC comms they would feel comfortable with disclosing their FCC callsigns onto for potential net members?

I mean at some point ya gotta give it up if you want to communicate, right?

- Jim Linch

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 1:05 PM Lt. (AK) Michael Heit via Groups.Io <ltheit=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I agree , still trying to get my KX3 up and running with JS8 Call ... but I like the idea.

Mike AD7VV

Michael Heit
Electronics Engineer
Everts Air Cargo
Flight Simulator Division
5525 Airport Industrial Road Building 300
Fairbanks, Alaska 99705
907-371-0195

On Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 03:44:22 AM AKDT, randall krippner <randallkrippner@...> wrote:

JS8Call looks like a great mode of communication. I haven't had time to really play with it much, but the few times I have it worked well. I haven't tried anything but the basics with it and really should.

Maybe we should set up a schedule when two or more of us can be on the air at the same time and frequency and see what we can come up with?

randall krippner

I'll try to keep and eye on the standard JS8 frequencies on 20 and 40 meters Friday - Sunday as much as I can and see what happens. If nothing else maybe I can add a few more QSOs to the logbook :)