Topics

Solar to charge Radio Batteries #Solar

John McDonald

How to calculate the size solar panel(s) required to charge radio batteries ?

Application: Portable/backpack radio & battery recharged via solar panel:

12V, 12Ahr Lithium Iron Battery provide power to Yaesu FT817ND or FT857D
Motorola PMNN4077C 7.4V, 2200mAh Battery in Moto XPR6550 hand-held

Charging using the 110vac wall-wort takes several hours, seeking the correct wattage of multiple small or larger roll-up solar panels to adequately recharge the radio batteries.

Randy Davenport

To the original post, I have 7ah battery that I want solar charge info.
Randy ka4nma

On Thu, May 14, 2020, 12:03 PM John McDonald <jbm1776@...> wrote:
How to calculate the size solar panel(s) required to charge radio batteries ?

Application: Portable/backpack radio & battery recharged via solar panel:

12V, 12Ahr Lithium Iron Battery provide power to Yaesu FT817ND or FT857D
Motorola PMNN4077C 7.4V, 2200mAh Battery in Moto XPR6550 hand-held

Charging using the 110vac wall-wort takes several hours, seeking the correct wattage of multiple small or larger roll-up solar panels to adequately recharge the radio batteries.

Kilovolt

Kilovolt

B Johnson

I'd also suggest you look at this web site -- he's posted a lot on portable power for hams

https://offgridham.com/2019/05/portable-dc-power-pack/

Barry
K8NWB