Topics

Playing with GoBox

All this talk about EMP got me out to play with the FT817 today.

Found out I can monitor with direct drive from 30W panel.

I'm using the panel to recharge a quick start Lithium I got for my truck years ago. It's only 3Ah but will do in a pinch. The voltage regulator is one I got cheap off ebay to run my 10vdc RT6 HT battery chargers.

Eventually I will get a small chromebook to fit inside the Pelican (HF knockoff) and use the Signalink for digital (js8call) as my Wolphilink seems to have died.

Finally broke down and bought an arbors beanbag and putting wire in the tree is much easier now. The key is the popup basket to lay the line in, no  more tangled mess on ground!

km4ack

If you are looking to add a computer to the setup, why not consider the raspberry pi? Very capable and very low power draw from your batteries. Pairs perfectly with the signalink.

I've done a video on getting started. https://youtu.be/E1SEgPFQk4M

73, de KM4ACK
Find Me on YouTube

Lt. (AK) Michael Heit

This guys website if fantastic. O was able to instsll ham radio software on my Pi 4 because it was so clear on this site ... highly reccomend it for all.

Mike AD7VV

Lt. Michael Heit [AK]
Retired
Alaska State Defense Force

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 4:44 PM, km4ack
<jason.oleham@...> wrote:
If you are looking to add a computer to the setup, why not consider the raspberry pi? Very capable and very low power draw from your batteries. Pairs perfectly with the signalink.

I've done a video on getting started. https://youtu.be/E1SEgPFQk4M

73, de KM4ACK
Find Me on YouTube

Jason,
My initial response must have gotten lost, but to paraphrase...

The Pi route was the one I was going to take, but decided I wanted the laptop redundancy.  I may go that route anyway, but for now I'm thinking another laptop in with my last chance gear is a good idea.

It's nice to see you here, I've been a follower of your channel for some time now and appreciate the vids, especially on JS8Call.

As Mike said, fantastic website.

km4ack

Thanks Jim!

Just stumbled across this group recently. Not sure why I hadn't seen it before now.

FB on redundancy! Thanks for following the channel.

73, de KM4ACK
Find Me on YouTube