Topics

Linux on an Android Tablet

I have an older tablet that I would like to run fldigi and js8call on. It's too old for nonrooted approaches like so I think I will have to go all in on this one.

Can any point me to a great tutorial on how to do this?

randall krippner

Jim, I'm curious, did you ever get anywhere with this? I imagine it's possible, but some of those tablets aren't all that easy to work with from what I hear.

I haven't started yet, but I know that the older ones like mine require rooting.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019, 05:35 randall krippner <randallkrippner@...> wrote:
Jim, I'm curious, did you ever get anywhere with this? I imagine it's possible, but some of those tablets aren't all that easy to work with from what I hear.

Well, that was short lived.  I use Linux Mint and it's a no go on android, so plan B is to make a Pi headless setup like OH8STN has and use VNC to remote in.

Hoping he starts a series on building one for dummies soon, for now it's PSK31 and RTTY on Android for options QRP using Wolphi-Link software.