Topics

Don't forget your "Go Tools"!

Last week I was setting up my "Go Box" and using my zm-2 atu only to find I cud not get a match.  Sometimes it would act like it was going to match then be way off.

Opening the enclosure, I found a broken wire, but how would I fix it in the field?  I carry a resonant antenna for 40/20/10 as a backup but I wanted to operate on 80M and would have been out of luck except for the $5.00 USB soldiering iron and my choice of a battery that works with it.

5 Minutes and I was on the air again.

Point being... make sure you have tools in your kit to fix the little stuff. A small multi bit screw driver is handy also.

The homemade anchor with a piece of plastic and hot  glue would have to wait until I got home.

Where did you get the usb soldering iron?

--
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

Ebay, cant found the transaction, but they are all over the place and work well. U TUBE has some videos of them also.

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019, 08:28 Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
[...]

Greek Man

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Mini+Portable+USB+5V+8W+Electric+Soldering+Iron+&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=Mini+Portable+USB+5V+8W+Electric+Powered+Soldering+Iron+Pen%2FTip+Touch+Switch++

Check out my blogs!
http://greekpreparedness.blogspot.com/
https://survivalcomms.wordpress.com/
Στις Σάββατο, 26 Οκτωβρίου 2019, 8:51:24 μ.μ. EEST, ο χρήστης Jim, K7JLJ <jim@...> έγραψε:

[...]

Robert Stessel

Cheery Hi from Maine,

I found a nifty butane (lighter fluid) soldering iron at Tractor Supply.  The flame doesn't touch the work, it heats a regular soldering iron tip, so you don't toast your work.

de stes, K1WXY

Chris Warren/offgridham.com

Don't forget to also include spare fuses, assorted adapters & plugs, and of course a multimeter.