Topics

Different Capacity SLA batteries in Parallel?

Greek Man

I have the materials for a pending power box build and some extra room in the BOX for a smaller SLA battery (original is 7Ah).
Charging will be made through a small solar panel through a PWM charger, so charging current will be suited for both.
I think there is no concern of.
What do you think?

Check out my blogs!
http://greekpreparedness.blogspot.com/
https://survivalcomms.wordpress.com/

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019, 02:24 Greek Man via Groups.Io <greekpreparedness=yahoo.gr@groups.io> wrote:
I have the materials for a pending power box build and some extra room in the BOX for a smaller SLA battery (original is 7Ah).
Charging will be made through a small solar panel through a PWM charger, so charging current will be suited for both.
I think there is no concern of.
What do you think?

Check out my blogs!
http://greekpreparedness.blogspot.com/
https://survivalcomms.wordpress.com/

Greek Man

not that bad actually.

******** But not a good design, say max load design is C1+C2, when battery two is discharged you’re overloading battery one compromising battery life. ********

******** Finally in heavy load (transient load much greater than C) the internal resistance of batteries with different capacity is not equal, generally the big battery takes the burden and the low capacity could fail. ********

not that big loads on the batts, 2-3Amps usually

******** Or when charging at fast rate maybe you’re hurting the low capacity battery by overcharging it. ********

now way to fast charge them with my 12watt panel

Στις Κυριακή, 21 Ιουλίου 2019, 5:34:18 μ.μ. EEST, ο χρήστης Jim, K7JLJ <jim@...> έγραψε: