My VHF Tape Dipole Antenna Build.

Greek Man

This is the build of a VHF dipole made from a tape measure. But with interesting details and some room ffor improvement.
Hope you will find it inspiring.

https://survivalcomms.wordpress.com/2022/01/08/hamsmithing-building-a-vhf-tape-dipole-antenna/

Check out my blogs!
http://greekpreparedness.blogspot.com/
https://survivalcomms.wordpress.com/

Gokhan Kaya

Well done! Good, clear instructions and portable. Thanks you for sharing it with us.

Sent from ProtonMail, Swiss-based encrypted email.
website @ http://www.hristiyan.org
Callsign: VA6GOK

Sent from ProtonMail for iOS

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 1:32 AM, Greek Man via groups.io <greekpreparedness@...> wrote:
This is the build of a VHF dipole made from a tape measure. But with interesting details and some room ffor improvement.
Hope you will find it inspiring.

https://survivalcomms.wordpress.com/2022/01/08/hamsmithing-building-a-vhf-tape-dipole-antenna/

Check out my blogs!
http://greekpreparedness.blogspot.com/
https://survivalcomms.wordpress.com/

Nice.  I'd be interested to see a real world comparison against the HT rubber duck.  Seems that's never done with VHF.

Don Clark

Nice write up. I had not thought about making a dipole like this. I made one of the yagi with a tape measure that worked well for

direction finding, and if you hit a tree, it would bend and pop back. This would be great for surviving the tough world of survival.

On 1/8/2022 2:32 AM, Greek Man via groups.io wrote:
This is the build of a VHF dipole made from a tape measure. But with interesting details and some room ffor improvement.
Hope you will find it inspiring.

https://survivalcomms.wordpress.com/2022/01/08/hamsmithing-building-a-vhf-tape-dipole-antenna/

Check out my blogs!
http://greekpreparedness.blogspot.com/
https://survivalcomms.wordpress.com/

Greek Man

easy....with a 40cm long rubber duck I can hit a repeater 50miles away, and may have a legible input, or I may not.
With anything else it is a clear communication

Στις Σάββατο, 8 Ιανουαρίου 2022, 05:18:26 μ.μ. EET, ο χρήστης Jim, K7JLJ <jim@...> έγραψε:

Nice.  I'd be interested to see a real world comparison against the HT rubber duck.  Seems that's never done with VHF.

Greek Man

wait till I finalize the dimensions of my RG174 Banana/T2LT antenna....More pocketable that a Jpole!

Στις Σάββατο, 8 Ιανουαρίου 2022, 06:59:37 μ.μ. EET, ο χρήστης Don Clark <kb5kwv@...> έγραψε: