From: main@OffGridComms.groups.io <main@OffGridComms.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Warren/offgridham.com via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2019 5:36 PM
To: main@OffGridComms.groups.io
Subject: [OffGridEmComms] 11/24/19 new article posted on offgridham.com

This is a follow up to a previous article about the decline of shortwave broadcasting.

https://offgridham.com/2019/11/shortwave-broadcasting/

david.kroc@...

I just had a tour of the last Voice of America transmitting site just outside Greenville, NC. It was very interesting to say the least. They tell me there is one studio in DC that sends the signal via the internet to site B (Edward R. Murrow Transmitting Station)  which then broadcasts mainly to Americana in English and Spanish to Cuba and Latin America. They have 2 of the original transmitters from 1963 that still work! They broadcast at 250KW and can go as high as 500KW on 2 of the transmitters.

If you ever get down this way (Eastern NC) it is defiantly worth seeing. We toured via our Ham Radio Club and I believe reservations are required.

Broadcasting, such as Radio Free Europe and others, enough good can not be said about them. If truths and facts and hope is broadcast, where do I sign up? Nothing is heard about them anymore and that is such a shame. How can we help?