Re: Solar to charge Radio Batteries #Solar

Randy Davenport

To the original post, I have 7ah battery that I want solar charge info.
Randy ka4nma

On Thu, May 14, 2020, 12:03 PM John McDonald <jbm1776@...> wrote:
How to calculate the size solar panel(s) required to charge radio batteries ?

Application: Portable/backpack radio & battery recharged via solar panel:

12V, 12Ahr Lithium Iron Battery provide power to Yaesu FT817ND or FT857D
Motorola PMNN4077C 7.4V, 2200mAh Battery in Moto XPR6550 hand-held

Charging using the 110vac wall-wort takes several hours, seeking the correct wattage of multiple small or larger roll-up solar panels to adequately recharge the radio batteries.

Join main@OffGridComms.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.