Re: Modimying a mediocre HT antenna?

Greek Man

that general guideline was what I was asking for.. thanks.

regarding Rubber ducks, do not worry, I will be doing the research anyway...
I need 3, which all will be DIY/Converted.

Στις Τρίτη, 21 Απριλίου 2020, 02:42:51 μ.μ. EEST, ο χρήστης randall krippner <randallkrippner@...> έγραψε:

 generally if the swr goes down as you increase frequency the antenna is too short, and if it goes down as you decrease frequency it's too long. But that's for a standard wire type antenna. I've never played around with rubber duck style antennas. They can be difficult to deal with, especially the multiband ones because of the coils, and because the antenna itself is likely a coil inside of the rubber covering.

Join main@OffGridComms.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.