Re: Statewide Repeater System

Richard Seeley

It has been brought to my attention that the MI5, MI6, and MI7 systems have also
been placed in jeopardy because the FCC is in hot pursuit to sell the frequency spectrum that the microwave towers operate at. Unfortunately this system is funded privately by individual hams and if it is taken it will cost approximately $26,000 dollars per site to change frequencies. This information came from the Michigan interoperability conference this past week.

On Jan 26, 2020, at 3:49 PM, Kilovolt <ted.kruger@...> wrote:

John,
I'm not sure if you were aware that they me be ending support of the SARNET system. Many raised hell about it, me all the way to Desantis.Anyway, I recieved this in a e-mail and wanted to pass it along.

THE SARNET HAMCATION FORUM IS ON!! SATURDAY FEBRUARY 8TH AT 3PM THERE WILL BE A SARNET FORUM TO DISCUSS THE FUTURE OF SARNET AND DO A Q&A WITH THE ADMINISTRATORS. THERE WILL ALSO BE A SPECIAL "FEDERAL" GUEST WHO WILL GIVE A BRIEFING ON A PUBLIC SAFETY COMMUNICATIONS SUPPORT TOOL CALLED "NSREN", THE NATIONAL SHARED REMOTE EQUIPMENT NETWORK.
I'm just now reading the NSREN information, but I don't want to see SARNET go.

4Bs/73

<NSREN.pdf>

Join main@OffGridComms.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.