Re: How Good J8CALL?

randall krippner

Ha I love it! That's one of the reasons I love fiddling with radio. I've heard of guys making contacts while tuning up into a dummy load. I've always taken stories like that with a grain of salt but, well, heck, you never know. I don't do much actual operating, but I almost always have the rig turned on with JS8 running while I'm down in the shop and I'm always amazed at how well JS8 works.

BTW, Jordan has some interesting new capabilities planned for JS8 in the future, including Disruption Tolerant Networking and a store-and-forward messaging system. The implications for emergency communications and people who are operating off-grid under less than good conditions will be very interesting indeed.

Join main@OffGridComms.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.